I just returned from the NACADA conference in Chicago, and I had a great time there. I think I have found where I am supposed to be in life...if only I could convince my husband that moving there is a good idea.
I learned so much at the conference, and I am still going full speed to try to process everything. Of course, I met some really awesome people and had a blast with my coworker, Taumi. We got nicknames on our first night there, and I am now officially known as "Hoopty" to people in Oklahoma, Baltimore, and Nebraska. (Taumi's new name is "Tiger" which came from her original nickname that night of "Tie Girl" but I was not able to say two words clearly so I shortened it up to "Tiger." I think it suits her.)
I was a good girl with my shopping on this trip and only spent one quarter of what I did last time I was in Chicago. Go me! Some recommendations for restaurants: Bistro 110 (across the side street from the Hershey store), Grand Lux Cafe (of course!), and Jo's Be-Bop Cafe (on Navy Pier). We also went to the Reagle Beagle and they had awesome food, too.
I'd like to give a shout out to Pink Toes, Guy in Black Shirt, Jean Jacket Girl, and Baltimore and say thanks for making Wednesday night in Chicago so memorable.
Another House Dream
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment