Monday, July 18, 2011

Slacker!

I'm a total slacker...I'm so sorry!

Ella and I are sitting here chillaxin and waiting for a storm to roll through. She is still in her nightgown! Lazy summer days I tell ya.

I needed to go to work today to pick up papers to be graded, but I didn't make it. The day isn't over yet, I know, but it almost seems crazy to get her dressed now, right? {I'm now patiently waiting for my Mother of the Year Award to be delivered...ahem.}

Since I did not officially announce it on here, I thought I should tell you that one of my goals for 2011 was to finally get the ink on the paper. I did. On June 20, in a 10-minute conversation in a stuffy room with stuffy attorneys, Eben and I officially ended our marriage. We are still very good friends who share mutual respect and love, and of course, our daughter. While no longer IN love, we will always love the other (at least that is the plan) because of our entwined past and our entwined future of raising our daughter together, yet apart.

I have also successfully read books this year. In fact, I read a really light, easy book called the Penny Pinchers Club, and it was awesome. It was a birthday present from a friend and I read it in one afternoon.

I haven't really created anything yet (another goal of mine for the year) except for a bunch of tears and your normal carbon footprint kind of thing. I bought a stepping stone kit for the kids last summer that we didn't get around to doing. I am thinking I will bust that out on Friday when we have a more relaxed day. It will be fun to let them get all messy.

As for my other goals, the only one I remember is getting in the kitchen more. I have to admit, I go to the kitchen to make a fresh drink and that's about it. Take out is so much more convenient (and frozen pizza).

We just got a downpour and it didn't even last long enough to make the deck wet. We have gotten into our summer rituals of sitting on the deck, spending time with friends and family, crashing pools (ha ha), playing cornhole, and chillaxing...easy living!

I have at least three different blog posts writing themselves in my head right now, so I hope to not be gone as long as I was this time.

Oh, and I'm currently loving http://pinterest.com/. Check it out if you have a few minutes...err...I mean hours...to spare...err...I mean waste. But it won't be a waste! I promise. TONS of ideas and inspiration!

No comments: