Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dreams...

I had a dream last night that absolutely shook me. As with most dreams, many of the details are fuzzy, but the main gist was that I was to meet a woman and give her directions somewhere. I had Ella with me and also a friend (who was blurry to me). When I arrived to meet this woman, I looked at her and saw my Grama H (who has been gone for six years next month). I said to my blurry friend that this woman looked exactly like my Grama and instantly I was too upset to really talk. My blurry friend stepped in and gave her the directions for me. Then my Grama look-alike said to me, "I feel as though I know you." "Yes," I replied, "I feel the same way." Then she says, "I was told you had a little girl and that you would be bringing her with you today. She looks just like you—beautiful."

The dream then ended as I woke up crying. I shared this with my mom on the phone this morning, and she thought perhaps I dreamed of her because I spent such a long time at her old house yesterday. Whatever the reason, I am thankful that I had this dream because I felt as though she was there meeting my daughter.

No comments: