Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Windy City

I just returned from the NACADA conference in Chicago, and I had a great time there. I think I have found where I am supposed to be in life...if only I could convince my husband that moving there is a good idea.

I learned so much at the conference, and I am still going full speed to try to process everything. Of course, I met some really awesome people and had a blast with my coworker, Taumi. We got nicknames on our first night there, and I am now officially known as "Hoopty" to people in Oklahoma, Baltimore, and Nebraska. (Taumi's new name is "Tiger" which came from her original nickname that night of "Tie Girl" but I was not able to say two words clearly so I shortened it up to "Tiger." I think it suits her.)

I was a good girl with my shopping on this trip and only spent one quarter of what I did last time I was in Chicago. Go me! Some recommendations for restaurants: Bistro 110 (across the side street from the Hershey store), Grand Lux Cafe (of course!), and Jo's Be-Bop Cafe (on Navy Pier). We also went to the Reagle Beagle and they had awesome food, too.

I'd like to give a shout out to Pink Toes, Guy in Black Shirt, Jean Jacket Girl, and Baltimore and say thanks for making Wednesday night in Chicago so memorable.

No comments: