Sunday, October 26, 2008

Scrappers Gallery

Yesterday I went to the grand opening of Scrappers Gallery, a local scrapbook store that opened in Zanesville. It has been years since we had an LSS here in town, and I wanted to be one of the first to welcome them and thank them for coming. I stopped in almost two hours after their doors officially opened, and was pleasantly surprised to see how many people had come to wish them well. I am excited about the opportunity to purchase items that can't be found at the box scrapbook stores, and also to participate in classes and crops.

I (of course) spent money, and because I spent over $40 (not too much over!), I got to spin the prize wheel. I won a friend-themed scrapbook kit. I am excited to use it...I just have to dig out some photos of friends and get busy.

I have been working on two layouts (4 pages total) for over a month. I am totally stuck on them. While Ella was napping yesterday, I pulled them out and looked at them with fresh eyes. I have been fiddling with them since (on and off during the Buckeyes game and now this morning). I think I am almost ready to adhere everything to the pages. I will try to remember to post pictures when I am finished. I am not 100% happy with them, but I think they will do. I have so many pictures that I want to start on, but I wanted to get my "unfinished" pile done.

No comments: