Friday, December 26, 2008

Decision Time

After reading about this concept for a week now, I have decided that I am going to choose a word for my theme for 2009. A whole year. One word. One theme.

Whew. This is a big decision for the girl who often can't decide between peanut butter or grilled cheese. Hair up or down (when it was longer, anyway). This ring or this ring. These shoes or those shoes or perhaps even those other ones. French cut green beans or just cut green beans.

Do you get the idea? Do you see how hard decisions are for me? And I'm going to choose ONE word for the ENTIRE year? Yikes!

Naturally, I am having a hard time choosing. I think I have narrowed it down to two, but there might be other words out there that I haven't even considered. So what if my two choices are not the greatest words? What if I find a word on January 2 that I like so much better? Will I then have to change my mind and then feel like a failure because I couldn't even stick to one word for more than two days?

As I have been typing this, I have thought of one more word to add to my list of choices. Yikes. I better stop thinking about this so much and just post my three words and see if anyone bothers to vote for his/her favorite.

Build
Grow
Journey

All three words seem to fit where I am in my life at this time. The only thing I do not like about Grow is that I don't necessarily want to physically grow. I mean unless I really start lifting some weights and get massive muscles in my arms, then that is okay. But only in my arms. I would like to shrink the rest of the body. Well except for my head. That would be kinda crazy.

Since I don't have to have a final answer until next week, I have some time to take a little poll. I am going to ask others who may not read this for their opinions, but I would like to gather as much data as possible for this completely unscientific study. So what would you choose? Do you have a reason why?

No comments: