Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Princess

My baby turned 2 yesterday. It is so hard to believe that two years have gone by and how much she has changed.

Here's what I remember from that day: scared shitless at 11:30 when doc tells me we need to deliver the baby today because she won't make it another three days; canceling my lunch date w/ Tiffany; almost dying twice from low blood sugars; awesome nurses; my entire family invading my hospital room prior to being wheeled back for surgery; my friends all waiting in the waiting room; being wheeled through a big line of people on the way to surgery (felt like I was in a parade - thankfully I had good hair that day...the clothes left a lot to be desired); laughing so hard I couldn't function after the doctor put my spinal in; hearing my daughter cry and seeing her face for the first time at 5:05 p.m.; telling everyone that my stomach was burning b/c I could smell it (found out later that it was being burned but they wouldn't tell me that...); then yelling at everyone to not touch me when I came out of the recovery room. Oh, and how could I forget the immense pain I was in afterward? (No matter what bs any mother trys to tell you after birth - YES, you DO remember it!)
All in all, a worthwhile experience to get the end result. Oh, and the next morning, I had a giant bottle of Pepsi (that made me sick from all the sugar) and a giant Snickers bar, courtesy of an awesome nurse.

So here she is...then and now.




No comments: