Friday, January 9, 2009

Fab Friday

Today is my childhood best friend's 30th birthday. I went to see her for a few minutes today and gave her a card and a small gift from my gift closet that I had been saving for this exact day. I was going to send her flowers also, but I am glad that I did not. Her "desk" at work was covered in them. It was great to see her, and she called while on her way home/parent pick up/drop off at daddy's house and we talked for 1.5 hours. Just like when we were kids. Isn't that the best thing about childhood friends? The old friends (no, I didn't mean that she is OLD...just that she is an old friend) that you can pick up exactly where you left off with. The ones who know entirely too much about you and will tell you how YOU handled the situation long before you can formulate the words to tell HER how you did it. I love it!

So - happy birthday, Danielle. Ya old fart.

A few things for my list today:
  1. Mascara. Without it, I would appear dead.
  2. Idiots who work at Burger King. I paid someone else's bill today instead of my own. His was cheaper. In my defense, I didn't realize it until I got home.
  3. 1/2 and 1/2. Just makes my coffee taste so much better.
  4. facebook.
  5. Bob and Sheri in the mornings to get me going.

A short list today. I need to try to find the notes I have been writing down. It would be helpful if I could keep everything together in one spot. I'm not quite sure how to accomplish that.

No comments: