Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Is it only Tuesday?

Went back to work yesterday after a few weeks "off" and am so blasted tired tonight. It's only Tuesday. I swore it was Wednesday or Thursday already. Really. I did. I thought I slept through the end of the week and have the weekend staring at me again. Not so much.

I tried to be funny in class this morning and apparently I had had more coffee than my students because not many of them laughed at my jokes. Yes, jokes. I told multiple. By the time I had threatened them to laugh at least once or I would reduce all grades by multiple letters, I had a few chuckles. Do you think they were being kind? Oh well. It'll get better.

It can only get better. Trust me. I wanted to escape the classroom. But I was trapped. Like a monkey at the zoo.

On with my list.
  1. Books and reading (can this count as one or two? I am thinking one since they are so closely related. We'll see when I get to number 99 and need one more. Then I might split them up. But it's my project so I can change the rules if I want.)
  2. Coffee.
  3. My red fingernails. I haven't listed that yet, have I?
  4. My cell phone. It's red too. And it plays cool music. I love music.
  5. Music. (I'm not cheating...it was really next.)
  6. Flip flops in the summer and for house shoes.
  7. Firewood. My house is warm. All the time. And I'm not paying a fortune in gas bills. Which is a good thing since I have no fortune. (Mom - could you perhaps hurry up and find yours so you can give it to me? Thanks!)
  8. Paper. Any old kind of paper will do, but I particularly love pretty patterned papers for scrapbooking and card making. And post-it notes. And plain old notepaper. And any kind of wrapping paper, cards, gift tags, receipts, etc. I am always buried in a pile of paper. I love it. The way it smells and feels. Ahhhh...
  9. Tiaras. Like old 80s hair - the bigger the better.
  10. Photos. (See #8 regarding paper...if I can obsess that much about note paper, imagine how bad it is when I see people I love [even ones I don't] in a photo!)

Can you tell it is way past my bedtime and that I have had entirely too much coffee today? As if four cups were not enough before I left home today, I had another at work and then made another small pot (two cups) when I got home from work tonight. Whoa. I will be amazed if I sleep at all. Thankfully Wednesday is my early day and I do not have class tomorrow night! Thank goodness for conferences in Baton Rouge (where my prof will be and the reason for cancelling class)! Enough with the ! I am off to bed!

No comments: