Saturday, January 3, 2009

The first of the new year

Happy New Year! 2009 has so far been one of new experiences and lots of laughter. So far so good.

I have decided my word is going to be journey for this year. After all, isn't life just one long journey to our final destination? I am going to be making many small trips this year (and not to the land of crazy!) and experiencing new things. Each day should be an adventure as I learn to navigate through life.

Yesterday, for example, I took the entire Christmas tree down by myself. I started on Thursday with only the ornaments (and that took 2 hours). Friday, during Ella's nap, I tackled the lights, ting ting, and the branches. I put everything away in a very organized fashion so that I would not have a huge struggle next year trying to get it back up again. I reorganized one storage space so that I could fit more of the heavy stuff in the main level of the house (smart thinking, eh?), and then had some help carrying the tree and the big box of ornaments downstairs for final storage.

I said goodbye to an old friend yesterday - a couch. A couch that had belonged to my grandparents and that I purchased for $50 when the majority of their things were sold. It moved three times with me and until moving to my current house was the couch I sat on, napped on, and cleaned regularly. It has been in Ella's room since moving here. Since I am tired of Toys 'R Us dumping its contents in my living room, I have decided to take the couch out of her room and make room for most of her toys in there. That process will continue today.

The couch got a good home and will continue to be loved.

I got my refund confirmation for the shoes I sent back the other day...an extra $140.16 is now mine! Whoop whoop! (Yes, if you are scratching your head...three pairs of shoes went back. They were all on sale, but when I look at the amount of the refund for three pairs of shoes I kind of scratch my own head...)

No comments: