Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's Thanksgiving


So many things to be thankful for this year . . .



  • I finished a year of serving as president of my professional association's division (and lived to tell about it!).

  • I took two classes over the summer and am finishing up my third toward my masters degree, which will leave me with four to go and then I will be DONE!

  • My daughter is turning out to be incredibly smart and has a huge desire to learn new things.

  • I have been relatively healthy with the exception of a bad back and a few minor colds.

  • I have prepared dinner no less than 30 times in the past year and nothing I made was too awful to eat. (Big accomplishment for me!)

  • I got to take two trips to Chi-town (for free).

  • Had a blast in New Orleans (mostly for free).

  • I have met some incredibly cool people and made lots of memories.

  • My students are performing far above where other groups have been in a certain class I am teaching. I am not sure what to attribute it to - my teaching skills getting better or their intelligence level when I get them. I'm hoping it is a combination of both.

  • That I have been supported by my loved ones in all I have done.

  • My BFF turned 30, lived to tell about it, and has made it less scary for me.

  • Who could forget all of the shoes and jewelry? :)
  • I learned a new trick about Picasa just this morning that will solve all of my burning questions about editing photos.

Happy Thanksgiving to all . . .

No comments: