Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas and More about Me

Received a few of these chain things today and wanted to answer them so I don't have a string of bad luck or whatever the email gods will do if I don't. The first is great for me since I love Christmas and I did the second one just because.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial – who wants the mess?

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually Thanksgiving weekend

4. When do you take the tree down? January… last year I waited until the end of January to extend the season (not because I was lazy…)

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Ask my parents, I hated everything

7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents

8. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail normally

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? See answer for #6

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas and It’s a Wonderful Life

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 26

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Sure – who hasn’t?

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My grama’s wafer cookies

15. White or Colored Lights on the tree? White only

16. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Over the river and through the woods – rat race like any other day

18. Can you name all 9 of Santa's reindeer? Yes - Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? An Americana Santa that does not light up

20. Open the presents Christmas day? If I can wait that long :)

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Budgets

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love all kinds of ornaments, but I typically only purchase ones that tell some sort of story or serve as a reminder for something memorable.

23. Favorite dessert for Christmas? Grama’s wafer cookies

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? For my daughter to have a stellar holiday

This is a "have you ever" kind of survey...
( ) Gone on a blind date
(X) Skipped school
(X) Watched someone die...
(X) Been to Canada
( ) Been to Mexico
(X) Been to Florida
(X) Been on a plane
(X) Been lost (but always enjoyed it)
(X) Been on the opposite side of the country
(X) Been to Washington, DC
(X) Swam in the ocean
(X) Cried yourself to sleep
(X) Played cops and robbers
(X) Recently colored with crayons
(X) Sang Karaoke. (only in the presence of family)
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only?
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?
(X) Made prank phone calls (is your refrigerator running?)
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose.
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(X) Danced in the rain
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus
(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(X) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about
(X) Blown bubbles
(X) Gone ice-skating (winter sports are not my thing… kind of like my experience with skiing)(X) Been skinny dipping outdoors
(X) Gone to the movies
( ) Got a speeding ticket. (I’m the luckiest girl on earth)

1. Any nickname? Hoopty and Marc (not my dad’s name, but with an s sound at the end)
2. Favorite drink? Water and Bud Light
3. Mother's name? Marlene
4. Tattoo? Stargazer lily on my shoulder and I want two more
5. Body Piercing? ears, three holes total
6. How much do you love your job? A lot
7. Birthplace? Zanesville, Ohio
8. Favorite vacation spot? Somewhere I have never been before
9. Ever been to Africa? Does The Wilds count?
10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? Yes, with milk for nutrition
11. Ever been on TV? Yes
12. Ever steal any traffic sign? Yes, of course (Henderson Street twice) I also stole some genuine county-owned orange cones. They actually did come in handy for something a few years later. I think my poor parents used to just wait for the cops to show up and ask how they got those cones and street signs. They owe all of their sleepless nights to me.
13. Ever been in a car accident? Yes
14. Drive a 2 door or 4 door car? 4 door
15. Favorite salad dressing? Creamy poppy seed
16. Favorite pie? Peanut butter
18. Favorite movie? Sex and the City
19. Favorite holiday? Christmas
20. Favorite dessert? Peanut butter and chocolate mixed together in some fashion, but I don’t really eat dessert
21. Favorite food? Mom’s sausage casserole
22. Favorite day of the week? They are all good
23. Favorite brand of body wash? Currently, I’m loving Sabon
24. Favorite toothpaste? Crest Sensitivity
25. Favorite smell? A warm dryer
26. What do you do to relax? Relax? What’s that?
27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Smarter than I am now

(Yes, I know there is no 17 on this list but I did not feel like redoing the numbers.)

No comments: