Sunday, November 16, 2008

There is no theme here, really

Since I can't remember if I was ahead or behind the last time I posted, I will give four things today...I tend to get confused about "rules," especially if they are self imposed and not written down.
  1. I'm thankful for another OSU win yesterday and having the opportunity to watch most of the game with my parents at their abode. Gram and Ella drew pictures on the magnadoodle while Pap and I watched the game (in between our naps). All in all a great afternoon.
  2. Eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. Bliss.
  3. I purchased more jewelry on Friday. As soon as it comes, I will share my collection.
  4. I'm thankful that the holidays are upon us, which means that our quarter is almost over. I enjoy working on a quarter system because ten (or 11 in this case) weeks is just a perfect amount of time to spend on one topic and then start a new class after a much needed break.

Yesterday, for the first time since Ella was a baby and did not know how to roll over, she took a short nap on our couch. It was so sweet seeing her there all spread out and comfortable. Again, like mother, like daughter. She really is growing up quickly, and I know that soon my mental images of her as a tiny baby will fade. Hell, she's almost quadrupled in weight in not quite two years, and grown over ten inches. Somehow she has learned to say McDonalds, only it sounds like "m-onalds" and of course, while waiting in line at the drive through, she was in the backseat screaming "happy meal" over and over. That's my kid...no patience when it comes to fast food.

I just looked out the window to see snow flying around out there. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments: